Thursday 3 October 2013

Double take...


While walking near the 'Musee Arts et Metiers' in Paris I noticed this interesting building down a side street - I had to make a double-take however. On closer inspection I could see that it was in fact a building under repair with the scaffolding covered in plastic - with windows cut out to make it more pleasing to the eye.Art for art's sake perhaps - or were they made to do it? It reminded me of something I had heard earlier...


On our first day in the city,before Pauline set of with 'the girls' to Krakow we were walking in the Parc de Bercy when we were looking at a piece of 'art' that a fellow walker was trying to decide how  it fitted its surroundings - I offered an opinion that it was,I think 'just art' - she agreed and proffered "Paris is art" - she definitely had something there!

No comments:

Post a Comment